Annual Giving Campaign
Each year, Port of Oakland employees participate in United Way's Employee Giving Campaign. In 2001, employees supported hundreds of local organizations and agencies by giving more than $116,000. These much needed funds will serve such populations as homebound seniors, disabled children and adults, at-risk youth and the homeless.
The Port's commitment to caring for our communities is making a difference in many lives.
According to the United Way, this money will help provide:
- Groceries for the homeless
- Home care for aging seniors
- Discount medication for kidney patients
- Summer camp for children with sickle cell disease
- Day care for mothers receiving job training