|Oakland, Calif. – November 29, 2022: In October of 2022, Oakland International Airport saw 1,042,454 passengers – marking the fifth month in a row of over one million total passengers.
“Now five months of over 1 million passengers served, we expect to finish out the year strong,” says Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland.
October 2022 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 1,042,454 total passengers in October 2022. This represents 92.7 percent of the pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in October 2019.
- The airport saw October passenger traffic jump by 26.2 percent compared to October 2021 when 825,833 passengers were carried.
- A total of 520,351 passengers departed on flights from OAK’s runways in October, with 84,297 of those connecting.
- There were 15,023 international passengers that arrived at OAK in October.
- On a twelve-month rolling basis, traffic is up by 64.4 percent with 8,358,941 passengers this year compared to 5,083,907 during the same period a year ago.
- 100.0 million pounds (approximately 45.4 million kilograms) of air cargo were transported in October at OAK, down by 17.3 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
Oakland International Airport would like to remind passengers that starting May 2023, all air travelers will be required to have a REAL ID in order to fly within the United States. For more information about getting your REAL ID and what documents are required, click here.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz - Airport Spokesperson, Click here to contact Kaley Skantz
OAK Media Hotline: 510.563.6500
Media On-Site Request & Parking Form: https://www.oaklandairport.com/media-on-site-request-form/