Oakland International Airport reports June traffic results
Passenger traffic up with a month-to-month 11.3 percent increase
Oakland, Calif. – July 29, 2021: Oakland International Airport, the second busiest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, reports continued passenger and cargo traffic growth for June 2021.
In June 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) increased 11.3 percent from May 2021. The airport saw 82,642 more passengers than it did in May. Air cargo was up 13.7 percent compared to June 2020.
June 2021 passenger and cargo statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 815,935 total passengers in June 2021, up 11.3 percent from May 2021 with 733,293 passengers.
- In June, a total of 413,293 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 45,200 were connecting.
- There were 13,794 international arriving passengers in June.
- The airport saw June passenger traffic jump by 219.9 percent compared to June 2020 when just 255,052 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling twelve-month basis, while in recovery, traffic is still off by 45 percent with 5,222,881 passengers this year compared to 9,493,637 during the same period a year ago.
- 120.6 million pounds of air cargo was transported in June, up 13.7 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
“The airport is busy once again with high levels of summer passenger traffic,” said Bryant L. Francis, Port of Oakland Director of Aviation. “We’re encouraged by the fact that, while seat availability is not as plentiful as it was in June 2019, our load factors are stronger. And, as Northern California’s top air cargo airport, air cargo activity also continues to climb.”
Oakland International Airport reminds everyone to comply with the federal directive that masks be worn by all persons over 2-years of age when inside the airport terminal building and when aboard commercial aircraft, both on the ground and in the air.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact. Updates about travel during the COVID19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Kaley Skantz, Airport Spokesperson
Oakland International Airport
Click here to contact Kaley Skantz
OAK 24-hour media only hotline: 510-563-6500