Oakland International Airport reports July traffic results
Passenger traffic up with a month-to-month increase of 9.5 percent
Oakland, Calif. – August 30, 2021: Oakland International Airport, the second busiest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, reports continued passenger and cargo traffic growth for July 2021.
In July 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) increased 9.5 percent from what was reported for June 2021. The airport saw 77,801 more passengers than it did in June. Air cargo was up 6.4 percent compared to July 2020.
July 2021 passenger and cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 893,736 total passengers in July 2021, up 9.5 percent from June 2021 with 815,935 passengers.
- In July, a total of 448,141 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 43,707 were connecting.
- There were 15,338 international arriving passengers in July.
- The airport saw July passenger traffic jump by 161.5 percent compared to July 2020 when just 341,831 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling 12-month basis, while in recovery, traffic is still off by 32.9 percent with 5,774,786 passengers this year compared to 8,602,303 during the same period a year ago.
- 6 million pounds of air cargo were transported in July, up 6.4 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact. Updates about travel during the COVID19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Kaley Skantz – Airport Spokesperson
OAK 24-Hour Media Hotline: Tel. 510-563-6500 (media only)