Oakland International Airport reports 8.3% increase in passengers for October 2021
OAK passenger recovery continues after late summer slowdown
Oakland, Calif. – December 17, 2021: Oakland International Airport, the second busiest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, reports passenger and cargo traffic for October 2021. In October 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) increased 8.3 percent from what was reported for September 2021. Air cargo at Oakland International Airport was up 3.5 percent compared to October 2020.
- Oakland International Airport saw 825,833 total passengers in October 2021, up 8.3 percent from September 2021 with 762,579 passengers. This represents a 73.4 percent return to pre-pandemic passenger levels for the month.
- In October, a total of 414,522 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 49,109 were connecting.
- There were 12,829 international passengers arriving in October.
- The airport saw October passenger traffic jump by 126.9 percent compared to October 2020 when just 363,955 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling twelve-month basis, traffic is up by 16.6 percent with 7,180,223 passengers this year compared to 6,160,558 during the same period a year ago.
- 120.9 million pounds of air cargo were transported in October, up 3.5 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz – Airport Spokesperson, Click here to contact Kaley Skantz