OAK Airport reports steady passenger levels for November 2021
Oakland, Calif. – January 12, 2022: In November 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) reached 76.9% of pre-pandemic levels. Air cargo at Oakland International Airport was up 2.3 percent compared to November 2020.
November 2021 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 820,305 total passengers in November 2021. This represents a 76.9 percent return to pre-pandemic passenger levels for the month.
- In November, a total of 412,194 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 42,733 were connecting.
- There were 12,946 international passengers arriving in November.
- The airport saw November passenger traffic jump by 132.8 percent compared to November 2020 when just 352,430 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling twelve-month basis, traffic is up by 40.4 percent with 7,648,098 passengers this year compared to 4,446,332 during the same period a year ago.
- 118.1 million pounds of air cargo were transported in November, up 2.3 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
What’s New at OAK
- Passengers at OAK can enjoy the new Jabbrrbox Magpods that have been installed in Terminal 2. The pods offer a quiet and private space for users to work, focus, or relax during their time at the airport. For more information about Jabbrrbox Magpods, click here: https://www.jabbrrbox.com/
- New concession locations are opening up soon at OAK, including the new Oaklandish Coffee Collective in Terminal 1 and a new Peet’s location in Terminal 2. Official opening dates and additional information about these new restaurants will be posted on OAK’s social media pages and at www.oaklandairport.com.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues.
The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz – Airport Spokesperson, Click here to contact Kaley Skantz