November stats show OAK passed the 10 million annual passenger mark
Year-over-year passenger increase of over 18 percent for the month
Oakland, Calif. – January 5. 2023: In November of 2022, Oakland International Airport saw 972,460 passengers. In the month of November, total passengers served in 2022 so far reached 10 million – already exceeding the total passenger count for 2021, which was 8.1 million. Additionally, November saw an impressive year-over-year total passenger increase of 18.4 percent compared to November 2021.
“OAK has surpassed 10 million passengers so far in 2022 with December totals still to come. As always, we thank our community for their support, especially those who chose to Fly the East Bay Way this year.” says Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland. “Our airport team is dedicated to ensuring that passengers have the best travel experience possible, and we look forward to a new year of positive developments, with new routes added and new restaurants opening in the months ahead.”
November 2022 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 972,460 total passengers in November 2022. This represents 91.2 percent of the pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in November 2019.
- The airport saw November passenger traffic jump by 18.4 percent compared to November 2021 when 821,660 passengers were carried.
- A total of 488,679 passengers departed on flights from OAK’s runways in November, with 64,118 of those connecting.
- There were 15,757 international passengers that arrived at OAK in November.
- On a twelve-month rolling basis, traffic is up by 62.9 percent with 8,293,120 passengers this year compared to 5,091,259 during the same period a year ago.
- 111.5 million pounds (approximately 50.6 million kilograms) of air cargo were transported in November at OAK, down by 5.6 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz - Airport Spokesperson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Media On-Site Request & Parking Form: https://www.oaklandairport.com/media-on-site-request-form/