Fleet Week 2018 ready for take-off from Oakland International
OAK is Bay Area home for the Blue Angels beginning Sunday
Oakland, Calif. - Sept. 27, 2018: Oakland International Airport (OAK) will welcome the Blue Angels back to Oakland over the weekend as their base for SF Fleet Week 2018. It is the fifth consecutive year the precision Navy fliers will make Oakland their home on the road.
The SF Fleet Week air show, which includes air show practices and demonstrations, takes to the skies above the Bay Area beginning Sunday, September 30, through Monday, October 8, 2018.
The Blue Angels will arrive at OAK on Sunday, September 30, at 6:00 p.m. and follow the Key Flight Activity schedule below until their departure on Monday, October 8, at 10:00 a.m. All times are approximate and subject to weather and other changes. During practice sessions and air show demonstrations, Airport neighbors may experience an unusual level of aircraft activity and noise.
KEY FLIGHT ACTIVITY TIMES
The planned schedule for flights is as follows (subject to change):
- Sunday, September 30, 6:00 p.m. Blue Angels arrival (South Field)
- Monday, October 1, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Media flights (South Field)
- Thursday, October 4, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Airshow practice (North Field)
- Friday, October 5, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Saturday, October 6, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Sunday, October 7, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Airshow flights (North Field)
- Monday, October 8, 10:00 a.m. Blue Angels departure (South Field)