OAK surpasses 1 million passengers again in September
The busy summer ends with four consecutive months at a million plus
Oakland, Calif. – October 25, 2022: In September of 2022, Oakland International Airport saw over one million passengers for the fourth month in a row. Additionally, passenger totals reached 90.1 percent of 2019 levels.
“Passenger traffic at OAK continues to build, and we appreciate everyone that chose to Fly the East Bay Way this past Summer,” says Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland. “The airport is prepared for a busy winter holiday travel season just ahead. We encourage you to book your holiday journeys early and remember to Fly OAK First and encourage friends and family visiting the region to do so as well.”
September 2022 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 1,014,850 total passengers in September 2022. This represents 90.1 percent of the pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in September 2019.
- The airport saw September passenger traffic jump by 33.1 percent compared to September 2021 when 762,579 passengers were carried.
- A total of 512,040 passengers departed on flights from OAK’s runways in September, with 82,591 of those connecting.
- There were 14,532 international passengers that arrived at OAK in September.
- On a twelve-month rolling basis, traffic is up by 65.8 percent with 8,394,591 passengers this year compared to 5,064,146 during the same period a year ago.
- Nearly 103.6 million pounds (approximately 48.2 million kilograms) of air cargo were transported in September at OAK, down by 14.2 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz - Airport Spokesperson, email@example.com
OAK Media Hotline: 510.563.6500
Media On-Site Request & Parking Form: https://www.oaklandairport.com/media-on-site-request-form/