Oakland International Airport reports August and September 2021 traffic
OAK sees a slight dip in late summer traffic likely due to spread of Delta variant
Oakland, Calif. – November 10, 2021: Oakland International Airport, the second busiest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, reports passenger and cargo traffic for August and September 2021.
“Passenger activity at Oakland International Airport dipped slightly in the last two months, likely a result of the COVID-19 Delta variant leading to a resurgence of would-be traveler hesitancy,” said Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland. “As vaccination rates continue to increase, we expect to see traffic rebound once again, particularly around the upcoming holiday season as leisure traffic remains strong.”
In August 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) decreased 8.8 percent from what was reported for July 2021. While August is typically one of the busiest months for passenger traffic at OAK, concerns about the spread of the Delta variant are the most likely cause for this decrease. Air cargo at Oakland International Airport was up 11.6 percent compared to August 2020.
August 2021 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
• Oakland International Airport saw 814,738 total passengers in August 2021, down 8.8 percent from July 2021 with 893,736 passengers.
• In August, a total of 416,524 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 40,894 were connecting.
• There were 15,461 international arriving passengers in August.
• The airport saw August passenger traffic jump by 160.1 percent compared to August 2020 when just 313,296 passengers were carried.
• On a rolling twelve-month basis, traffic is off by 18.8 percent with 6,276,228 passengers this year compared to 7,726,400 during the same period a year ago.
• 116.1 million pounds of air cargo were transported in August, up 11.6 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
In September 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport decreased 6.4 percent from what was reported for August 2021. The spread of the Delta variant also impacted passenger traffic levels during the month of September, a month with a typically lower traffic level than August. Air cargo was up 10.3 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
September 2021 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
• Oakland International Airport saw 762,579 total passengers in September 2021, down 6.4 percent from August 2021 with 814,738 passengers.
• In September, a total of 379,075 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 41,618 were connecting.
• There were 11,923 international arriving passengers in September.
• The airport saw September passenger traffic jump by 138.0 percent compared to September 2020 when just 320,462 passengers were carried.
• On a rolling twelve-month basis, while in recovery, traffic is still off by 2.9 percent with 6,718,345 passengers this year compared to 6,921,110 during the same period a year ago. • 120.7 million pounds of air cargo were transported in September, up 10.3 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues.
The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Kaley Skantz – Airport Spokesperson, email@example.com OAK 24-Hour Media Hotline: 510.563.6500