19 percent increase in February passenger traffic at OAK
Strong year over year growth at the East Bay airport
Oakland, Calif. – April 4, 2023: In February of 2023, Oakland International Airport saw 794,348 passengers. There was year-over-year total passenger increase of 19.0 percent compared to February 2022. This represents approximately 90 percent of pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in 2019.
“The continued growth reflects the resilience of the San Francisco East Bay economy and OAK’s airlines strong passenger demand,” says Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland. “New flights to San Salvador, Philadelphia, Newark/New York and Baltimore/Washington DC will meet the increasing demand of travelers seeking to fly across the US and to Central America from OAK.”
February 2023 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 794,348 total passengers in February 2023. This represents a 19.0 percent increase year over year compared to February 2022 when 667,483 passengers were carried.
- A total of 393,765 passengers departed on flights from OAK’s runways in February, with 58,689 of those connecting at OAK.
- 20,038 international passengers arrived at OAK in February.
- On a twelve-month rolling basis, traffic is up by 35.2 percent with 11,499,809 passengers this year compared to 8,504,340 during the same period a year ago.
- 81.2 million pounds (approximately 36.8 million kilograms) of air cargo were transported in February at OAK, down by 16.0 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz - Airport Spokesperson, [email protected]
Media On-Site Request & Parking Form: https://www.oaklandairport.com/media-on-site-request-form/