OAK January ‘22 passenger traffic up 119% compared to January ‘21
Oakland, Calif. – March 14, 2022: In January 2022, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) reached 62.2 percent of pre-pandemic 2020 levels.
January 2022 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 593,240 total passengers in January 2022. This represents 62.2 percent of the pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in January 2020.
- In January, a total of 286,376 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 48,957 were connecting.
- There were 17,794 international passengers that arrived at OAK in January.
- The airport saw January passenger traffic jump by 119 percent compared to January 2021 when just 270,925 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling twelve-month basis, traffic is up by 112.3 percent with 8,464,635 passengers this year compared to 3,987,137 during the same period a year ago.
- 99.4 million pounds of air cargo were transported in January, down 8.6 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Kaley Skantz – Airport Spokesperson email@example.com