Local & Small Business Certification
The Port of Oakland with its partner agencies in the East Bay Interagency Alliance (EBIA) has established a collaborative Common Application for Certification designed to streamline the certification process for local, small, very small and emerging businesses that are located and operating in Alameda or Contra Costa County.
How to Become Port Certified
In 2013, the Social Responsibility Division (SRD) launched its online SRD Certification Application system as part of our commitment to prioritizing environmental responsibility, particularly when favoring green alternatives bears no additional cost to our community.
- In order to apply for a new Port certification or renew an existing certification, an email address is required and internet access to the Social Responsibility Certification Application page. You can also print a copy of the Registration Instructions (PDF) to learn how to register or access the system.
Beginning December 2015, the Port will no longer accept "paper" Common Application for Local Certification and respective supporting documents sent by fax or U.S. Mail. The exclusive use of the online Certification Application system will provide efficiency, reliability and a secure manner to become Port certified at your convenience.
- Find a Firm - Certification Database
- Instructional Certification Process Videos
- Links & Resources (PDF)
- Port Contracting 101 Handout 9.14.16
- Port Contracting 101 Handout 10.26.16
Contact Us at:
Port of Oakland
530 Water Street
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 627-1627 SRD General Line